Trio from Fort St. John set to ride in Cops for Cancer Tour de North

first_imgCst. Williams said that his aunt passed away this year from cancer, prompting him to participate. His grandmother is also a cancer survivor.“It goes to a really good cause. Camp Good Time which is a separate camp for kids suffering from childhood cancer, 20% of funds raised goes to sending kids to Camp Good Times.”The remaining 80% of funds raised goes to cancer research. The trio from Fort St. John says they have a ultimate goal of raising $30,000. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Two RCMP officers and one Sheriff from Fort St. John are raising money to ride in the Cops for Cancer Tour de North.Cst. Tristan Williams, Cst. Rebecca Bojczuk and Sheriff Amy Mcguire will all take part in the event scheduled for September 12 to the 18.The ride will begin in Williams Lake and end in Dawson Creek. They will also ride through Prince George, Quesnel, Powder King, Hudson’s Hope and Fort St. John. The ride is just over 900 km.- Advertisement -The trio are at Save-On-Foods in Fort St. John this evening until 6:30 to ‘Fill the Boot’. They also are holding another fundraiser.On September 8, they will be doing a ‘Jail and Bail’.“We’re sending out warrants. They’ll be available either at the police station, court house or people can fax them in for September 8. Some of them will be ‘arrest and release’ because some obviously can’t leave their job so they can pay us and we’ll let them go or we’ll transport them to the mall if they can leave and raise what their bail is. Friends and coworkers can nominate them and then they have to work to get donations to get released.”Advertisementlast_img read more