0Shares0000Infantino said it was normal for FIFA to make losses for three years and then “make revenue” during the fourth financial year, when a World Cup takes place © AFP/File / Adrian DENNISManama, Bahrain, May 8 – FIFA president Gianni Infantino claimed Monday that the finances of football’s governing body were “extremely solid”, despite it posting a $369 million loss earlier this year.Infantino was speaking at the Asian Football Confederation’s congress in Bahrain, a meeting which also saw one of the leading global advocates for reform, Australia’s Moya Dodd, lose her seat on the all-powerful FIFA Council. Infantino said FIFA’s big losses were in line with its “business model”.“In spite of what some have been trying to write or to say, FIFA’s finances are extremely solid,” Infantino told delegates in a short address.He added that it was normal for FIFA to make losses for three years and then “make revenue” during the fourth financial year, when a World Cup takes place.“That’s how the business model is conducted,” he continued. “We don’t need to tell you other stories, we don’t need to make our figures artificial (or) look better by some accounting measures.”FIFA has said previously that its losses could increase throughout this year, but rebound in 2018 to a profit of $1 billion, largely due to TV deals from the Russian World Cup. Infantino was speaking a day after FIFA formally announced a partnership deal with Qatar Airways for the Gulf carrier to be its “official airline” for a host of major tournaments, including the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.– Dodd loses Council vote –Dodd was defeated in the vote for the Council seat reserved for a woman delegate by the largely unknown Mahfuza Akhter Kiron, from Bangladesh, by 27 votes to 17.Also elected — unopposed — were three men, China’s Zhang Jian, South Korea’s Chung Mong Gyu and the Philippines’ Mariano Araneta.There were originally only two seats up for grabs, but a third became available after Kuwaiti powerbroker Sheikh Ahmad al-Fahad al-Sabah, who is facing corruption allegations in the US, which he denies, stood down.The original vote had been delayed since last September when the AFC abandoned their extraordinary congress in Goa after just 27 minutes.That meeting was abruptly cancelled after Saoud al-Mohannadi, the Qatar Football Association vice-president, was stopped at the last minute from standing for election. Mohannadi subsequently overturned a year’s ban from football but too late for him to apply to stand for the council again.Elsewhere in Manama on Monday, the Confederation of African Football elected Egypt’s Hani Abo Rida to the Council, at an extraordinary general assembly.Meanwhile, AFC president, Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim al-Khalifa, hinted that a ban on Iraq hosting football matches could be lifted this week, ahead of the annual FIFA congress, which takes place in Bahrain on May 11. That congress could produce fireworks.A row over the issue of Israeli clubs in the West Bank sparked to life again Monday when Palestinian football chief Jibril Rajoub claimed Israel was placing FIFA under pressure of which there was “no precedent in the history of football”.He was responding to media reports that Netanyahu had personally telephoned Infantino and urged the FIFA boss to stop congress debating possible sanctions against six Israeli clubs from West Bank settlements.The Palestine Football Association argues that the presence of the clubs on its territory is in breach of FIFA statutes, while Israel claims those rules are unenforceable as there is no permanent border.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Related Items:#magneticmedianews Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, September 13, 2017 – Nassau – Bahamasair wishes to advise the traveling public that it has resumed its normal scheduled service to all its destinations.We wish to remind those persons who would have purchased tickets and werescheduled to travel during the period September 4th to September 11th that change fees and penalties will continue to be waived until September 18th 2017.All customers impacted by the passage of Hurricane Irma are advised to contact ourReservations Department at (242)-702-4140. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provo
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, September 19, 2017 – Providenciales – It is ten days since Hurricane Irma devastated parts of the Turks and Caicos Islands. We thank God that no lives were lost but we are all too conscious of the damage done to people’s homes – not least to the homes of the most disadvantaged members of our communities – as well as to core infrastructure.Since Irma’s passage across the islands we have been wholly engaged on the provision of help to those most in need and upon the process of gradual recovery from Irma’s worst effects, especially in our family Islands. To this end the TCIG has been and remains totally dedicated through all relevant agencies led by DDME but including government ministries and also non-governmental bodies and organisations, not least the commercial sector to direct help and assistance where most needed.But assistance and recovery from such a disaster cannot be achieved by TCI alone, resilient as the people of these Islands are and as they have proved once again. We have therefore welcomed the very considerable level of advice and direct help provided by the UK, Canada, Cayman Islands, Bermuda and other governments and by regional and other international bodies and organisations. Such assistance is ongoing, but we wish here to highlight the following contributions – which in the case of military forces are not about boots and policing but about vital aid to local communities which is being warmly welcomed – to assist immediately and directly the recovery of the most challenged parts of these Islands:– UK military have been helping to clear debris and repair buildings in order to restore services. For example they have cleared out several Government buildings including the Treasury to allow reconstruction to commence.– In South Caicos, the UK military have made repairs to the clinic, decontaminated water storage tanks and have cleaned up primary and high schools anticipating their reopening.– The UK military are working closely with the Bermudan military, who have sent 30 of their rank to assist in Grand Turk, and the Canadian military who have a frigate ship based off South Caicos from which they to are assisting the local community, not least with provision of water.– The UK’s Department for International Development has delivered 400 shelter kits and 655 litres of bottled water to South Caicos.– Yesterday in Provo, UK Aid delivered 276 shelter kits which include two 7×5 tarpaulin sheets and 24m of rope each, these are vital for repairing roofs.– UK Aid will shortly be delivering a health kit to South Caicos which contains enough vaccines for 10,000 people for three months.We remain grateful for the additional show of support from the UK Government evidenced by the visit of Lord Ahmad, Minister of State at the FCO with responsibility for the UK Overseas Territories. We are equally grateful for the visits of regional leaders and the visit of the Chairman of Caricom, Prime Minister of Grenada, Hon Dr Keith Mitchell who led a high level Caribbean delegation in a show of regional support.Hurricane MariaOur responsibility for disaster management does not of course end with Irma and we must state clearly now that the recently formed Hurricane Maria may also pose a threat to the TCI later this week. Once again we must make ourselves ready as a community and as individuals to face down that new Hurricane should it, as currently seems highly possible, threaten and risk further damage to these Islands and people.We in government will again prepare shelters and take other measures; but this must involve us all as individuals and families and we encourage you now to prepare as best you are able to take steps to ensure adequate water and food provision both during as well as after the possible passage of Maria which is forecast currently to be possible on Thursday and Friday of this week.Press Statement: TCIG Related Items:
Santa Paws Mega Adoption Event Posted: November 26, 2018 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Dozens of non-profit adoption agencies are coming together to help find forever homes for hundreds of adoptable animals during the holidays.Santa Paws MEGA Adoption Event is Saturday, Dec 8th 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Grossmont Center.For more information click here. Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter KUSI Newsroom, November 26, 2018 KUSI Newsroom
• Tags E3 2019 reading • Xbox One backward compatibility ends as Microsoft works on Project Scarlett Aug 19 • Borderlands 3: FL4K, new endgame content and everything else we know 2 Comments Jul 26 • Doom Eternal: QuakeCon ‘Year of Doom’ keynote shows more ‘Battlemode’ action See All Share your voice Aug 28 • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order trailer, gameplay footage and everything we know Aug 3 • E3 journalists see their personal info exposed by security flaw E3 2019 Gaming Xboxers Xboxing at E3 2019. James Martin/CNET E3 2019 for Microsoft is all about its next-gen Xbox console, called Project Scarlett. As part of that focus, Microsoft on Monday released its final batch of classic Xbox games that’ve been re-engineered for compatibility with the current Xbox console, the Xbox One. Now, instead of tweaking more older games to work on the Xbox One, the company will start working on making Xbox One games compatible with upcoming iterations of the console. “We have now shifted our focus to help make the games you love playing on Xbox One compatible with future Xbox hardware,” Jason Ronald, director of the Xbox platform, said in a blog post. “After this week, we have no plans to add additional Original Xbox or Xbox 360 titles to the catalog on Xbox One, but we’re excited to continue our work on Xbox compatibility across platforms and devices, which remains a top priority.” Microsoft began Xbox One backward compatible support in 2015, first with Xbox 360 games, then eventually with original Xbox games. The company would deliver periodic updates of older titles to make them compatible with the latest console. Microsoft officially announced its new Xbox console on Sunday during the company’s E3 press conference. The next-generation hardware will have an SSD drive, GDDR6 RAM and a CPU and GPU from AMD that’ll make the system four times more powerful than the Xbox One, the company says. Microsoft didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. Microsoft
The official residence of the Dhaka University vice chancellor was vandalised during a demonstration by quota protesters early Monday. Prothom Alo File PhotoFour cases were filed with Shahbagh police station in the capital on Tuesday night over clashes on Dhaka University campus and vandalism in the official residence of the DU VC during a demonstration by youths seeking reform of quota system in the public service.Police said a large number of unnamed students have been accused in the cases.Of the cases, two were filed by two sub-inspectors of Shahbagh police station, the third one by an inspector of special branch (SB) of police and Dhaka University’s chief security officer Kamrul Ahsan filed the fourth case.Kamrul Ahsan told Prothom Alo that over 100 unknown miscreants were made accused in the case over “an attempt to kill the vice chancellor” and destruction of properties worth about Tk 15 million.He said the miscreants burned two vehicles to ashes and vandalised two more.SB inspector Humayun Kabir filed a case against 30-40 unnamed persons for hindering police from discharging their duties and setting fire to a motorcycle in the Doyel Chattar area.Shahbagh police station sub-inspectors Bhajan Kumar Biswas and Rabiul Islam filed two cases against ‘a large number’ of unnamed students for hindering police from discharging their duties.Amid demonstrations at Shahbagh and its adjacent areas early Monday seeking reform of the quota system, some unknown attackers entered the VC’s residence breaking open its main gate and ransacked several rooms and furniture.
deathA sub-registrar was hacked and strangled to death by unidentified miscreants at his house in Babor Alo Gate area of Kushtia on Monday night, reports UNB.The deceased was Nur Mohammad Shah, 55, from Kurigram district. He used to live on the second floor of a multi-storey building in the area on a rental basis.Hearing sounds of running footsteps of several people from the second floor around 11:00pm, owners and other residents of the building came out from their flats, said Nasir Uddin, officer-in-charge of Kushtia model police station.They went to Nur’s flat and found him in critical condition with his hands and legs tied up with locally made towels.On information, police rushed there and took the victim to Kushtia General Hospital where the physicians declared him dead.Meanwhile, SM Tanvir Arafat, superintend of Kushtia police visited the spot.Locals said that Nur used to take bribes from people who came to his office for land-related issues, adding that he might have been killed over the issue.Taking of huge amount of money as bribe by the officials and staffs of Kushtia Sadar Sub-registry office is an open secret, they added.
Texas flood recovery czar John Sharp is calling out insurance companies for waiting on FEMA money to decide flood and other Harvey-related claims.“That’s bullshit,” he said in an interview with the Texas Tribune. “That’s not where the money’s supposed to come from. The first money is supposed to come from [the insurance companies].”Sharp’s comment was part of a larger point that he hopes to discourage “self-interest” in the rebuilding process. The czar hopes to curtail rebuilding and new development in flood-prone areas.Watch Texas Tribune’s full interview with recovery czar John Sharp. Share
To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: City of HoustonHouston City Council Member, Dwight Boykins. 00:00 /00:48 City Councilmember and mayoral candidate Dwight Boykins is facing pushback after some Houston teens said his remarks made them uncomfortable at a youth leadership summit last week. In a video taken by a participant at the summit, Boykins advised girls not to have sex during college. Hajra Alvi, a student who attended the event, said in a tweet that Boykins warned women to “close their legs” to avoid being seen as “tainted” by future partners.“In that man’s eye, because you did something as a child in the freshman year of college, that’s going to taint you,” Boykins said. “He finds out, he ain’t going to want to marry her. Date her, but not marry her.”here’s the video !!!#boycottboykins pic.twitter.com/rsR0lyenbA— tova (@_tovaross) June 29, 2019Two national advocacy groups, Mi Familia Vota and OCA Asian Pacific American Advocates, hosted the youth leadership summit for Houston area teens between the ages of 13 and 18.Karina Martinez with Mi Familia Vota said the students pushed back, telling Boykins they did not like his remarks. “They not only expressed themselves in how they felt during the summit at the time directly to Boykins, but also they’ve been online sharing how they felt,” Martinez said. “They want people to know about it, it seems, from what they’re posting.” THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INAPPROPRIATE!! WE MUST STAND UP FOR WOMEN!! DM ME PRIVATELY FOR THE WHOLE VIDEO AND YES WE HAVE PERMISSION TO POST!! pic.twitter.com/IfTaIRJAuv— Chloé (@TheChloeC_Music) June 29, 2019“When you said that women should keep their legs closed, I would just like to say, you are not a woman. You do not know what it’s like to be a woman,” one student told Boykins. “I’m telling you right now, as a 15-year-old, you do not know that, and hearing that come from you, someone who is of higher status and probably pretty respected, that’s very degrading. That is very offensive.” “I was just trying to protect young women from what I see every day,” Boykins said. Another student told the councilmember, “And to do that, maybe you address the men.” Mi Familia Vota and OCA Asian Pacific American Advocates issued a statement in response:“Yesterday, June 28, 2019, Houston City Council Member Dwight Boykins was invited to respond to questions regarding issues important to the students at our high school Youth Advocacy Summit. To our great concern and disappointment, Boykins diverged from the program purpose and instead made statements and engaged in conduct that was wholly unacceptable.After an initial investigation, we took immediate action of notifying the appropriate authorities. Our organizations have pledged full and open cooperation with the authorities. In addition, we have notified and had discussions with parents and guardians of the students and will continue to communicate with them as circumstances dictate.We do not and will not tolerate inappropriate behavior at our events regardless of whom the perpetrator might be. The safety and well-being of our young advocates are our paramount concern.We fully support and are proud of these brave youth advocates who recognized the behavior was unacceptable and are speaking out about it. These young people are an outstanding example of leadership, mutual support, and advocacy in action.”On Facebook, Boykins apologized, saying he meant to inspire, not hurt, students. On Monday afternoon, Boykins sent out a statement via email, along with a Word document that contained the invitation he had received to speak at the event.Boykins said he had been asked to “offer words of inspiration to the students and to help them understand the important role they play in our future.”The Council Member added in his statement that he wanted to draw attention to “the pitfalls that plague many young people.”“(It) was never my intention to cause anyone discomfort but to speak frankly about the pitfalls which I have seen derail the future of many of our youth, including teen pregnancy…an issue I have firsthand experience with in my own family,” Boykins said, while adding that he regrets that a few seconds of his discussion “have apparently overshadowed my entire conversation which was meant to ensure that our youth have the best opportunity to succeed in life.” X Listen Share