Transfers Five times the money! Dembele’s massive Barcelona contract reportedly leaked Goal Last updated 2 years ago 05:25 23/9/2017 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(18) Alex Caparros Transfers Barcelona Ousmane Dembélé Borussia Dortmund Primera División Bundesliga The former Borussia Dortmund star made the move to La Liga this summer, and it’s easy to see why after the numbers from his deal were leaked The massive contract that Barcelona handed to 20-year-old Ousmane Dembele this summer has reportedly been seen by German outlet Spiegel, and the numbers involved in the deal make it easy to understand why the youngster decided to make the move, and why Borussia Dortmund were willing to sell. According to the report, which claims that the outlet received the contract from Football Leaks, the youngster received a contract worth five times what he was earning with the Bundesliga outfit, a whopping €12 million per year, up from the €2.4m he earned per season with BVB. Girona and Barcelona to draw at 5/1 Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘I’m getting better’ – Can Man Utd flop Fred save his Old Trafford career? Why Barcelona god Messi will never be worshipped in the same way in Argentina Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Dembele’s personal deal also reportedly includes the possibility of a €3.3m bonus should the Catalan side win a treble. The report also alleges that Dembele cost €105m up front, with the possibility of €40m in add-ons. Among those add-ons is an obligation for the Spanish club to pay €5m when the forward reaches each of 25, 50, 75 and 100 matches played. While the numbers are astounding, Dembele’s injury will, at the very least, save Barcelona some money in the short run. With the forward expected to be out until January after tearing his hamstring, it will be difficult for him to reach any of those match numbers before the end of the season.
New Delhi: The water level of the Yamuna started receding on Wednesday, but the river still continues to flow above the danger mark, an official said.According to the Flood Control Room, the water level came down to 206.50 metres at 5 pm from 206.60 metres at 2 pm. “The water level is likely to recede further as Haryana has so far not released water from the Hathnikund barrage in large quantity,” a government official said. At 4 pm, only 10,000 cusec water was released from the Hathnikund barrage. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderThe river breached the danger mark of 205.33 metres on Monday. Due to inundation of low-lying areas, over 15,000 people living in Yamuna floodplains have been shifted to tents set up by various government agencies, officials said. Movement of trains over the old Yamuna bridge (‘Lohe wala Pul’) was temporarily suspended on Tuesday night and the trains were diverted via New Delhi railway station, a Northern Railways spokesperson said. Authorities in Delhi have already shut the Lohewala Pul on the Yamuna for traffic. The Northern Railway has restricted the speed of trains on the Yamuna bridge to 20 kmph. If the water level crosses 206.40 metre, movement of trains on the bridge will be stopped, a railway spokesperson said. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsEarlier on Wednesday, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal met people affected by the flood and said the government will ensure that there is no shortage of relief materials. The Chief Minister personally interacted with flood affected families being housed in tents set up by the Delhi government. The arrangements for tents, food and water, medicines were found to be satisfactory. The river flows through six districts of Delhi whose low-lying areas are prone to flooding. The administration has deployed 30 boats to prevent accidental drowning. The river flows through six districts of Delhi whose low-lying areas are prone to flooding. The administration has deployed 30 boats to prevent accidental drowning. In 1978, the water in the river rose to its highest-ever level of 207.49 metres, causing a devastating flood in the national capital.
Former Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas has a great deal of respect for Michael Jordan and carefully considered his answer before proclaiming his current basketball superiority in a video by TMZ.Chris Yuscavage of Complex Sports points out that this video made him realize two things:1. Gilbert Arenas does, in fact, use his pickup truck for transporting more than just fireworks.2. We miss Gilbert Arenas! Seriously, this guy was so much fun to watch when he was in the NBA, and it sucks that injuries killed his career.Watch him talk about what he thinks would happen during a game of 1-on-1 between himself and Michael Jordan in the clip above. Entertaining stuff.
WILMINGTON, MA — The 3rd Annual Pizza Wars is back by demand to kick off the 2019 Relay for Life of Wilmington-Billerica-Tewksbury season.Come on down to the Wilmington Middle School Cafeteria (25 Carter Lane) on Monday, January 28, 2019, from 6:30pm to 7:30pm, and be the judge of pizza provided by your local pizza shops from all three towns.For a donation of $5 per adult, $2 per child (ages 5-13), and FREE for 4 and under, you can try a piece from each place. When you’re done, you can vote for which place has the best pizza!RSVP HERE so event organizers can plan on how many will attend and for instructions on advanced payment.Watch video highlights from last year’s Pizza Wars HERE. Last year’s winners can be found HERE.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… Related2nd Annual Taste of Towns Pizza War Set For February 12 At Wilmington Middle SchoolIn “Community”Wilmington Relay For Life’s Pizza War Kicks Off 2017 EventIn “Community”5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Monday, January 28, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”
Kohli feels Dhoni’s experience is a huge assetReutersOver the last year or so, the form of Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his place in the ODI team has been discussed threadbare. At the beginning of 2019, it seemed that the former captain of the Indian team is well past his time and may have become a liability on the ODI unit.But Dhoni responded to criticism with great performances in the ODI series in Australia and New Zealand. With him playing some brilliant innings in the recently concluded Indian Premier League (IPL) also and getting his team to within two runs of winning the title, the veteran keeper-batsman is back to being the darling of the media and fans.One man who seems to have never lost faith in him is Indian team’s current captain Virat Kohli. In an interview to Cricbuzz, Kohli was unhappy with people who have questioned MSD’s place in the team. On their criticism, he said: “That’s unfortunate. Honestly, I think people lack patience. An odd day here, a poor one there, and chatter becomes endless.”Dhoni still invaluable to the teamThe man who took over as captain during 2014/15 Test series in Australia also spoke in no uncertain terms when describing the value of his predecessor. “What can I say about him? My career started under him and few have seen him from so close over the last few years as I have. There’s one thing about MS that’s far more important than anything else – and there’s a lot to him – for him, the team is always above everything else. It’s always about the team, no matter what. To top it, look at the experience he brings to the squad and we’re richer with it. Some of his dismissals behind the stumps, just recently too (in IPL), were match-changing,” he added. Dhoni’s form in the IPL was goodIPL TwitterThe India skipper also mentioned the importance of Dhoni’s presence behind the stumps. “The fact is that MS Dhoni is among the smartest guys in the game. Behind the stumps, as I said, he’s priceless. It gives me the freedom to do my thing. Someone like MS is around with a wealth of experience,” Kohli added.It has often been observed by commentators that despite no longer being the captain, MSD seems to play a major role in decision-making. The regular instructions being given by him during a match suggests that he is still actively involved in the formation and implementation of tactics and strategies.Along with Mahi, the India captain also sees Rohit Sharma as a valuable member of the leadership group. “MS and Rohit – both. The way they’ve gone about with their respective roles, of captains in IPL, speaks volumes of what they bring to the table. MS in particular has a legacy. So, it augurs so well for this team to have both of them in a leadership role. That’s why, the team management decided to have a strategy pool in place which MS and Rohit are part of,” the 30-year old revealed.Rohit Sharma is the captain of Mumbai Indians and has led his team to the title four times, including the latest season. He has also captained India in several ODI and T20I matches where Kohli wasn’t available.
The official residence of the Dhaka University vice chancellor was vandalised during a demonstration by quota protesters early Monday. Prothom Alo File PhotoFour cases were filed with Shahbagh police station in the capital on Tuesday night over clashes on Dhaka University campus and vandalism in the official residence of the DU VC during a demonstration by youths seeking reform of quota system in the public service.Police said a large number of unnamed students have been accused in the cases.Of the cases, two were filed by two sub-inspectors of Shahbagh police station, the third one by an inspector of special branch (SB) of police and Dhaka University’s chief security officer Kamrul Ahsan filed the fourth case.Kamrul Ahsan told Prothom Alo that over 100 unknown miscreants were made accused in the case over “an attempt to kill the vice chancellor” and destruction of properties worth about Tk 15 million.He said the miscreants burned two vehicles to ashes and vandalised two more.SB inspector Humayun Kabir filed a case against 30-40 unnamed persons for hindering police from discharging their duties and setting fire to a motorcycle in the Doyel Chattar area.Shahbagh police station sub-inspectors Bhajan Kumar Biswas and Rabiul Islam filed two cases against ‘a large number’ of unnamed students for hindering police from discharging their duties.Amid demonstrations at Shahbagh and its adjacent areas early Monday seeking reform of the quota system, some unknown attackers entered the VC’s residence breaking open its main gate and ransacked several rooms and furniture.